- Why is Fire Protection Important?
- What are the benefits of hiring a fire protection service provider?
- What are the different types of fire protection systems?
- How often should fire protection equipment be inspected?
- Who carries out fire protection services?
Fire protection is important as fires can cause significant damage to properties and infrastructure, as well as injury or loss of life. Properly installed and maintained fire protection systems help detect and suppress fires quickly, minimizing the damage and protect occupants.
Hiring a professional fire protection service provider helps ensure that fire protection systems are properly installed, maintained, and compliant with local fire codes and regulations.
There are several types of fire protection systems; the most common are:
- Fire Alarm Systems: detect smoke or heat and trigger an alarm to alert occupants to evacuate the building
- Sprinkler Systems: automatically suppress fires by releasing water from a network of pipes
- Fire Extinguishers: portable devices that can be used to put out small fires
- Kitchen Hood Suppression Systems: specifically designed to extinguish fires in kitchen exhaust hoods
This varies depending on the type of fire equipment, building size and the specific needs of the organization generally they are annually, semi-annually, quarterly, or monthly.
- Fire Alarm Systems – inspected annually
- Emergency Lights & Exit Signs – inspected annually and monthly
- Fire Extinguishers & Fire Hoses – inspected annually and monthly
- Sprinkler Systems – inspected annually and quarterly (depending on size of building)
- Fire Suppression Systems – inspected semi-annually
As per the fire code, fire protection services should be completed by a qualified CFAA Technician.
contact us for a free consultation and to learn more about our innovative technology, services and products designed to prevent and protect against fire.